Monday, June 30, 2008

The past 6mths...

Ok, I know its been so long since I have updated Ella's blog... Life has been crazy as usual and I have been so busy. This year we have had a lot of changes in our lives. First of all as most of you know Clint and I got divorced, so that alone has took a toll on all of us, I got a new job (the first time I have worked since having Ella) and finally took the "leap" and enrolled Ella in the Henry Center. Things have been going good considering I am starting over... with three kids.

Ella has been doing great, she is getting so big and really looks like a little 2yr old. The Henry Center has been such a blessing to me and her, she loves it and is really benefiting from the therapy she gets there. She is trying so hard to sit up and is starting to hold her head up some too. She has become so much more vocal, of course her favorite word is "mom" but she will sometimes say Hi too. She is always laughing and playing and everything she gets her hands on goes in her mouth. She is leaning some basic sign and I think she sometimes tries to say mom in sign too. She will wave Bye-bye and has starting holding her bottle too. She has really come along way.

Health wise things have been going pretty good. I did have to rush her to the hospital at the end of March, for some reason she was having trouble breathing and I even had to pull over on the interstate when she turned gray. So after scaring me to death, we had a 3 night stay in the hospital and went home still not knowing what was really wrong. In June she had her first ambulance ride when she was sent from the doctors office with a touch of pneumonia. It was such a crazy time I was alone, so she rode in the ambulance all by herself, and I followed behind ... crying of course. When we got to childrens hospital they opened the doors to the back of the ambulance and there she was just looking around and smiling, it was so cute. The EMT said she was great and really liked the ride. She laughed and looked around the whole time. My little Ella... of course she would find joy out of something so scary, and she always gives me so much peace and strength.

I have some great pictures from her 2nd birthday that I am going to get posted soon and am really going to try to be better at keeping everyone up to date. Thanks to everyone for keeping Ella and our family in your prayers, I need it more and more everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its great to hear you all are doing well. what a blessing and alot of answered prayers on ella's progress. you are a person of strong faith and it has proved itself already, keep holding to that and it will get you through all the tough times!