Friday, September 14, 2007

Change is on it way!!!

Today I was looking at Ellas blog ...reading over all the past entries I have posted and Some of them made me smile them some of them made me cry. WOW!!! What a year. I am just so thankful for all the prayers and support I have. Things in my life are changing everyday, Ella is growing so fast and that alone brings some many new challenges my way. Sometimes I wonder how I manage to stay sane without being heavily medicated...LOL!!! We all know who is my strength. There is a very popular poem called "Footprints" that really touches me. I have known the poem and have read it many times but have never truly understood it until going through this stuff with Ella. Now it is like my life story... I know there have been many times when God has carried me, many times when I didn't even have the strength to pray, but as always he was there picking me up ...over and over again. I know when I was pregnant with Ella I felt broken and my faith was the only thing that got me through. The times I couldn't pray but just call his name and sit in the quiet of his presence because he knew I was hurting...there was no need for words. At the time I didn't realize how much I was hurting or how broken I felt, until the day I had Ella. That day I felt like a new person but I also looked back at the last few months in amazement. Amazed at how that hurt had become such a part of my everyday life that I didn't even realize it was there until it was gone. God had just carried me right through it all.
God is Good!!!

Melissa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN sister! i dont know how people go through hard times or any time without him in thier lives!!!! GOD is Good all the time, and all the time GOD is good!!

Denira Baird Williams said...

You're such an inspiration!!!

Lindsey said...

hear you are moving soon! where are yall headed?